1. 個人型計畫：包括創新研究計畫（Innovative Research Grant, IRG）和研究發展獎助計畫（Career Development Grant, CDG），研究重點概分為10項，請選擇符合之重點撰寫計畫書
(1) Cancer research
(2) Cardiovascular and metabolic disorders
(3) Infectious diseases (topics related to the therapeutic treatments and prevention of coronavirus infection are encouraged)
(4) Mental/neurological disorders and addiction
(5) Immunity and inflammation
(7) Biomedical engineering
(8) Health policy and social welfare
(9) Environmental health
2. 統合型計畫：台灣醫衛重要主題研究計畫（Thematic Research Grant for Important Health Issues of Taiwan, TRG），以二年徵求一次為原則，本次徵求重點共2項如下。請務必詳閱申請作業手冊之徵求重點內容後再撰寫計畫書
(1) Mechanisms and Intervention for Neurodegenerative Diseases
- The aim of the call is to enable translational, collaborative research projects that will address important questions relating to human neurodegenerative diseases to develop new diagnostic and/or preventative strategies, to stimulate new therapeutic interventions and to provide better patient care and international collaboration.
- According to a National Development Council report on population projections, by 2025, Taiwan will become a super-aged society where at least 20 percent of the population are 65 or older. And it is expected that a rise in the number of people with neurodegenerative diseases, particularly forms of dementia, will place enormous strain on medical and other services in the coming decades. For most neurodegenerative diseases, there is little or no treatment; at best, treatments are symptomatic in nature and do not prevent or slow the progression of disease. Thus, a new approach is needed to solve these adverse health outcomes and to extend the international collaboration in these issues.
- Research Priority:
- The purpose of this grant is to offer innovative strategies for prevention, (early) diagnosis, care, and intervention for neurodegenerative diseases, through elucidating causal association in disease pathogenesis to developing therapeutic interventions, to prevent or slow the progress of the disease, and to foster international collaboration.
- Research proposals with potential international collaboration should be stated and cover at least one of the following areas:
- Research on the pathogenesis and etiology of neurodegenerative diseases. This may include the development of innovative technologies for prevention, diagnosis or therapy of disease. The relevance of the research to disease must be clearly indicated.
- Research on improving patient outcomes, such as those that employ concepts of convergent neuroscience research, crossing levels of analysis from genomics and imaging to behavior and implementation, effective care/intervention model, etc. A cost-effectiveness analysis of proposed intervention measures should be included.
- The scope of this call should include at least 3 interrelated and integrated component projects to link a major pathway or target for the investigated outcomes.
- The potential or possible international collaboration should be stated and illustrated.
(2) Immunotherapy: Impact on Immune System and New Challenges of Infectious Complications
- The aim of the call is to enable translational, collaborative research projects that will address important questions relating to immune system malfunctions as well as infectious complications in patients treated with immunotherapy to elucidate the diverse mechanisms leading to these events and to address actionable approaches for their management.
- Immunotherapy, including, but not limited to, anti-cancer immunotherapy, immune modulators for autoimmune disease, is changing the practice of medicine. However, as immunotherapy becomes more popular, immune-related adverse events (irAEs) as well as a variety of unusual and/or opportunistic infections are also observed, which can result in prolonged hospitalizations and detrimental health outcomes. Given the complexity of these situations, there is a critical need for coordinated multidisciplinary approaches and translational research programs for early detection and intervention.
- Research Priority:
- Research on taking a longitudinal observational approach to obtain clinical data on characteristics of patients treated with immunotherapy and to investigate the incidence, etiology and pathophysiology of irAEs as well as associated infectious complications. This may include the development of innovative technologies, including, but not limited to, identification of predictive biomarkers of patients at risk for better patient stratification at the start of therapy and influence clinical monitoring.
- At least 3 interrelated and integrated component projects to link a major pathway or target for the investigated outcomes. One of the component projects should commit to establishing a Platform of Immunotherapy Registry to collect multi-center clinical data and samples and to identify all reportable cases of irAEs and serve as a foundation of the proposed project.
- Research proposals with multi-institutional and multi-disciplinary collaboration should be stated.